Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Red Scarf - Part 1

My newest project - The Red Scarf! I'm using Lion Brand Homespun yarn, bulky, Color #375, Candy Apple. For being 98% Acrylic and 2% Polyester, it is surprisingly soft and smooth. Smooth being a relative term, because the yarn itself is wavy. I'm working on size 13 needles with what my book Knitbook: The Basics and Beyond calls Knotted Moss. It involves alternating rows of purls, knit front and back, purl two together, and knits. It's a surprisingly easy pattern as long as you make sure to keep track of where you are in the pattern.



Not that messing up shows at all. I'm sure I've messed up somewhere but it all looks the same so it doesn't matter to me. The wavy yarn helps disguise any mistakes as well. 



Strangely, I'm almost done although it barely measures three feet. I wanted this to be a short piece and I have only a little bit left to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment