Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Year in Review - 2012

It's time to look at my progress this year!

Italics mean the piece is finished.

Ongoing Projects At the Beginning of the Year
The Latch Hook Kitty
Necklace
Painting
The Victorian Dress
The White Scarf

Projects I Started this Year
The Hummingbird Cross Stitch
The Lambda Plushie
The W&M Fleece Fringed Blanket
The Felt Hat
The Straw Hat
The Washcloth Doll
The Felt Cavalier Hat
The Buckram Cavalier Hat
The Quilting Kit
My First Crochet Project
The Lark Embroidery Kit
The Pink Scarf
The UTSA Fringed Fleece Blanket
The Brown Cloak
The W&M Hat
The Latch Hook Elk

Of the 5 projects I carried over from last year, I completed only one of them. That is a sorry state, given that one of my goals for 2012 was to complete all of the unfinished projects from 2010 and 2011. Furthermore, I will carry 3 more projects in 2013 without really any time to work on them. I suppose to order to have the drive to finish these projects, I will need to take them to college in the fall.

To be sure, I didn't complete any of the other goals I set in 2012 either. I did not get to work on the Irish costume and I also haven't made the Cavalier costume (though I did make two hats).

On the other hand, of the 16 projects I started this year, I have completed 11 of them, one of which I haven't posted about. I did get to diversify in my crafts - there was millinery, sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, latch hooking, and blanket-making. 

All in all, 2012 was a good year for progress, even if none of my original goals were met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment