Sunday, October 20, 2013

Goodbye, Good Shoe

I used to have two pairs of sneakers: the old, grubby pair and the 'newer', somewhat cleaner pair. On Friday, I had to say goodbye to the nicer pair.

Why?

Because I burned a hole through it with an angle grinder.



What is an angle grinder, you might ask? 

It is a tool that cuts steel, and I refer to it as 'the thing that shoots sparks'. It does that very, very well. 

As I was cutting up steel on Friday, I noticed my foot was getting hotter. I turned off the angle grinder, and of course, I had melted a hole in the mesh of my shoe. My somewhat nicer, not-covered-in-sawdust shoe.

Somehow, my sock and foot remained unburnt.

There is a lesson in this story but I'm not exactly sure what it is. Maybe it's just a reminder to wear the shoes I don't care about in the shop. If I had done that, I wouldn't be needed a new pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment