Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Cypher Cross Stitch - Part 3

Small mistakes are indicators of larger problems.

I found out why I needed to add one stitch to the end of four rows a few days ago - the entire left side was right-shifted by one stitch. I was five hours past that mistake when I realized it but only one hour into the project when I did it, so what side should I undo?

It took two hours to pull out those stitches and another hour and a half to redo them.


That greenish color on the left? All gone



Then I had to put the stitches back in. The pattern has shifted to the right by one square but as long as the rows are correct, that doesn't matter.



1/4 done, two days later. I'm shooting for 2/3 completion by the end of the week, hopefully without any more major mistakes. It's better to take care of bugs early before they become a huge problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment