Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mending My Raincoat

Here's something I've been meaning to do for a while: mend my trenchcoat.

The hood of this coat was missing two buttons on the hood, causing the hood to sag when it was thrown back. I don't understand why you might want to remove the hood but that doesn't really matter. The matter of the missing buttons was annoying me so this fall break I decided to fix it.

Here's the hood.

One problem was that I had lost the buttons that they originally there. I had a few black buttons with me but they were larger and more curved than the ones already there.


My replacement buttons were so big that they can't fit through the buttonholes. Now, I have no plans to remove the hood, but it did mean I had to be careful while sewing the button on top of the buttonhole.

Which I did. 


The second one went quickly too. I'm not too concerned about the presentation of the buttons; if someone can notice it, they are too close.


And there - one little project done.

No comments:

Post a Comment