Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crocheted Produce Bag, Take 2

Second time's the charm, I suppose. After trawling Ravelry for another bag for apples, I stumbled upon this pattern, helpfully worked with a G hook. I had a lot of craft yarn from Michael's lying around and put it to good use.

After about an hour listening to Pandora, I was halfway done.


The bottom base is far wider than my palm which makes the entire bag rather unwieldy. Next time, I'll take out the last round before working the sides.


I liked the pattern of chain 8, double crochet, though I did ignore the instruction to slip stitch into the beginning chain three times. Slip stitches aren't stretchy and the few that I did gave the bag a lopsided appearance. The chain 80 drawstring fits nicely around the double crochets and pulls the bag closed.


There are six medium to large potatoes and a handful of smaller ones in there.


A fine market bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment