Thursday, July 24, 2014

Refashion: Pajama Leg into Pillow



This cut off pajama leg has been sitting in storage for a while. Instead of throwing it out, I wanted to put it to good use. I also had a mostly full bag of pillow fluff sitting around that I haven't touched in years. The solution was obvious: refashion the leg into a pillow!


The pants involved were a cheap but soft pair from Walmart, which meant that the seams didn't line up even after ironing.


I turned the leg inside out and stitched down the cut off end. One side is straight, the other isn't - I'm not sure what happened.



I turned it right side out and stuffed it with all the fluff. It's not quite even but I didn't care too much.


I finished by stitching the leg cuff closed. The pillow is useful if not pretty and I didn't have to throw out the scrap. A no-waste sewing project!

No comments:

Post a Comment