Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The crochet hexagon pattern


I found a good hexagon pattern here - while each hexagon is about the size of my palm and I can't increase the size, I can sew them together.

Two things I learned from this pattern: a) I can crochet over the beginning tail with the 12 double crochets and avoid weaving in the end and b) understanding what the pattern requires is more important than following the pattern.

For instance, my first two tries were mistakes because I didn't understand what Round 3 actually required. Once I understood the repetition - 2 double crochets in one space, chain 3, 2 more double crochets in the same space, then 2 double crochets in the next space - I could ignore the written instructions. Round 3 starts on the 2 double crochets after the chain 3 and ends with 2 double crochets, chain 3 and slip stitch in the original space.

I also used up the dark blue, light blue and white yarns, leaving only the red to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment