Tuesday, January 31, 2012

All but the Back Stitch - The Hummingbird Cross Stitch Part 5

The yellow and black cross stitch is all done and the flower ovals have been stitched as well. All that remains is the black backstitch outline, however long that takes.

Before the yellow lazy daisies



 The yellow ovals on the flowers - the lazy daisies - were hard to do. I had to come up and go down in the same hole but keep a loop of right size out. Then I had to tack the loop in place by coming up through another hole and going back down by a third.

I missed one the first time through and had to go back to re-do it.
After the lazy daisies
 Then with the black thread I did the beak on the left bird wrong and had to re-do it. Then I saw that I had done two rows of yellow on the right bird one square to the right - messing up the black pattern. I ignored that mistake and stitched in two more yellow squares so the bird would have the right proportion.
With the black added
And that needs to be done now is the black outline. Given the amount of outline to do, I don't know how long that will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment