Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Gonna Take Time - Hummingbird Cross Stitch Part 1

~It's gonna take time, a whole lot of precious time. It's gonna take patience and time...~

George Harrison aside, I think my hummingbird cross stitch is going to take a lot of time to do nicely. And I want to do this as nice as I can.



So far, it has been coming along at a decent clip. The weird thing is? The parts I thought would slow me down are the fastest ones.

I thought the stitches themselves would be slow - but they aren't, there is just a lot of them. Even glancing back over the pattern every five seconds isn't a hassle - it's the same thing I do in latch hooking rug making.

The slow part is working with the thread. There's the original problem of pulling two strands from a twisted yarn of six strands - you have to be careful not to tangle them up.

It also seems that every time I look away from the yarn it gets knotted or twisted and I have to stop and work it out. I remember having that problem with my stamped cross stitch and my knitting sometimes - it must be a yarn thing.

The good news is I can pull the knots through easily. This material is sometime called Aida weave, which looks to be a very dense mess. The stamped cross stitch was in muslin and it showed.

I'm really pleased with how things are going so far. If the whole project is like this then I have a pattern in mind for my next cross stitch.

~It's gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It's gonna take patience and time
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it right child~

No comments:

Post a Comment