Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Hummingbird Cross Stitch - Prep Time

A month ago in Michael's when I was looking for rug binding, I came across the Row O' Needlework. Most of the stuff they had was counted cross stitch.

I have done stamped cross stitch before and I have watched a friend of mine do a really complicated counted cross stitch over several months. It looked really hard.

I ended up getting the easily counted cross stitch I could find that didn't have some cutesy or religious saying. That ended up being this:



The instructions are, once again, rather vague. I am sure they make sense to someone who has done this before, but to me, it is as if I told a stranger to navigate from one end of my campus to the other by way of buildings. It's just not done. Not done well, in any case.



Whatever. I shall do it and it will be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment